Please read this entire policy before attending Toronto Comicon
FAN EXPO HQ is vitally interested in the ongoing health and safety of our employees, as well as that of our clients, visitors and guests. FAN EXPO HQ has adopted this policy to ensure that we minimize the threat of injuries associated with weapons or props on our premises. As such, possession of a weapon is prohibited while on company premises and anywhere else that company business, is conducted. Due to the nature of our business a series of guidelines for safe weapon and prop rules have been established.
- All FAN EXPO HQ attendees, exhibitors and staff must comply with all Federal, Provincial/State and local laws and regulations regarding weapons, imitation weapons and props, as well as their usage.
- Attendees are reminded that while travelling to and from the event, to make sure due care is taken on your behalf to ensure any weapons or props, which could cause public alarm, are stored in bag or in a storage container.
- FAN EXPO HQ attendees are, under no circumstances, allowed to possess or bring to the convention grounds any actual weapons. Unlawful possession of weapons is an offence and will result in denied admission into the convention or prosecution.
- All weapons and props must be in plain sight at all times and are subject to mandatory inspections performed by FAN EXPO HQ staff or security staff. As a general rule, no metal or wooden prop weapons are allowed. Additional rules are outlined below.
- Any weapon, prop, or item not covered in this policy must be inspected by security staff at the Prop Check Desk; these items will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Attendees who come to any FAN EXPO HQ event with a prop may be stopped by show security and sent to the Prop Check Desk. At the Prop Check Desk, security will inspect that your prop complies with the below FAN EXPO HQ rules and regulations regarding props.
If approved, security will issue a sticker to be placed in a visible area of the prop. If show security does NOT see this sticker on your prop while on the show grounds, you will be asked to leave the convention centre and store your prop or go to the Prop Check Desk.
If not approved, attendees have the option of storing their prop in their car, home, hotel room or check it at the desk. You may return at the end of your visit to pick up your prop. Props and weapons left at the Prop Check Desk past show close on Sunday will be disposed of.
For full rules and regulations regarding props, please see below.