IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CREW
FAN EXPO Dallas relies on its army of crew and team leads who commit their time, skills, and passion of comics and pop culture to help deliver the ultimate and unforgettable experience to our fans and visitors.
You could be keeping our Creator Guests fueled and fed, greeting and providing fans with direction and info, managing theater lines, sorting hats in the Family Zone, distributing much-needed goodies to your fellow crew members, or assisting with controlling Autograph and Photo Op lines and so much more!
There are many teams that make up FAN EXPO Dallas: Operations, Programming, Crew Support, Family Zone, Exhibitor Support, Guest Services and many more. We do our best to connect each member with a team that fits their skill set and interest.
Check back soon – Crew Applications will be available in 2021
A commemorative FAN EXPO Dallas T-shirt and crew lanyard
When off-duty – your badge gives you access to enjoy the event
Meet and connect with people in the industry and make new friends
Common questions about working with FAN EXPO Dallas.
- Show Availability: Please let the staffing agency know this when you complete your information form. Naturally the more shifts you do, the more on-the-job knowledge you gain, so we love it when you can work for more than one day. People who can work more than one day will be given priority.
- Crew Expectations: As a paid Crew member, you are responsible for your own transportation, accommodation, and food during the show. You’ll receive a FAN EXPO Dallas show shirt – please let us know your size when you apply. If your shift ends early the day you are scheduled, then you can attend the con for the remainder of that day.
- Can I work in a specific area at the show? As a paid Crew member, we will try to place you where you’ve got prior experience – be sure to tell the staffing agency if you’ve worked in a certain area before. We may need to move Crew members around to different areas of the show based on where it’s busy or slower. No one on Crew “owns” a certain position or placement at the show. Requesting to be placed with a specific Celebrity Guest tends to make our fanboy/fangirl radar go off and can ultimately influence decisions on where you are scheduled.
- Finances: If your financial situation doesn’t allow you to participate in paid employment, then you will need to follow up with our designated staffing company to discuss your specific situation.
- Paperwork: The staffing agency will work with you to complete various forms ahead of time to ensure your check-in on show days are quick and easy. If you have not been a Crew member for FAN EXPO Dallas or Dallas Fan Festival (previously Dallas Fan Days) in the past, then a follow-up interview may be requested.