IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CREW
Want to know how you can join our dynamic team and what’s involved?
CALGARY EXPO relies on its army of volunteers and team leads who commit their time, skills, and passion for comics and pop culture to help deliver the ultimate and unforgettable experience to our fans and visitors.
You could be keeping our Creator Guests fueled and fed, greeting and providing fans with directions and info, managing line control, presenting the Sorting Hat in the Family Zone, distributing much-needed goodies to your fellow crew members, keeping a watchful gaze over Autograph and Photo Op lines and so much more.
There are many teams that makeup CALGARY EXPO: Operations, Programming, Volunteer Support, Board Gaming, Family Zone, Exhibitor Support, Guest Services and many more. We do our best to connect each member with a team that fits their skillset and interest as they climb up the ranks.
Interested in being a part of the CALGARY EXPO Crew?
Check back – Volunteer Applications will be available soon.
A commemorative CALGARY EXPO T-shirt and Crew Lanyard
Discount in the SHOP FAN EXPO Store on exclusive merchandise
Access to special offers
When off-duty – your badge gives you access to enjoy the event
Meet and connect with people in the industry and make new friends
Common questions about Volunteering at CALGARY EXPO.
- A CALGARY EXPO Crew T-shirt will be provided.
- Casual dress code includes the following: jeans (without rips or tears), khakis, shorts, knee-length skirts, capri pants.
- Footwear – please wear comfortable shoes.
- Cosplay is permitted however your Crew T-shirt must be worn. All costumes must be approved in advance to ensure it does not limit your ability to perform your duties.
- Practice good personal hygiene. Avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes, and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
Volunteers are responsible for dressing according to this policy for their shifts and checking with supervisors about dress that is appropriate and safe to wear. In the case of a different dress requirement based on an activity or event, volunteers are responsible for ensuring they have the appropriate clothes for the shift.