Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way
Are you a writer or artist? Ever dream of working for Marvel? Do you find yourself thinking, "I could do that...if I knew how!" Well, here's your chance! Join Senior Editor Jordan D. White, Talent Scout Rickey Purdin and sequential art storytelling superstars including Joshua Cassara (X-Force, X-Men) and Ryan Stegman (King in Black, Venom) to find out the answers on how to get your foot in the door and make your job MARVEL!
PANEL: 11AM Saturday April 1
MARVEL COMICS: Fall of X
This summer, prepare for the Fall! Join Senior Editor Jordan D. White along with Gerry Duggan (X-Men), Benjamin Percy (Wolverine, X-Force) and Joshua Cassara (X-Force, X-Men) as they take you into the weird and wondrous world of Krakoa! Mutantkind has experienced unparalleled growth and prosperity since the founding of their new nation – but can it last? Join this panel to learn what new challenges await the X-Men, X-Force, and the rest of the strangest heroes of all! Plus, stay until the end for an exclusive giveaway!
PANEL: 3PM Saturday April 1
Marvel Draw! Live!
Brian Crosby (Director, Marvel Themed Entertainment Development and Host of Marvel DRAW!) walks aspiring artists of all levels step-by-step through drawing the Invincible Iron Man in celebration of the Avengers' 60th Anniversary! Sharpen those pencils and come learn from one of Marvel’s own how you can bring your drawings to life!
Session is included with your MEGACON badge. Seats are limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
PANEL: 1 PM Sunday April 2
MARVEL Portfolio Reviews
Calling all creators! Do you want your portfolio reviewed by Marvel editors? See below for submission guidelines, then download and print a copy of the submission form to bring with to the event!
- Portfolios can be submitted in Room S211 on Thursday, March 30, 2023, 4pm - 8 pm, Friday, March 31,2023 from 10 am- 6 pm and Saturday from 10 am-5 pm. Review sessions for these submissions will take place Reviews will be conducted on Friday, March 31, Saturday, April 1st and Sunday, April 2nd. Review times are subject to change so please check for updates on posted schedule outside Room S211.
- Portfolios MUST contain your contact information. This includes your full name, cell phone number, and e-mail address.
- Portfolio review schedule will be posted outside of Room S211 by 10 AM on both Saturday and Sunday. Please visit this location to confirm your scheduled review time and location for the reviews. Review times are subject to change so please check for updates on posted schedule outside Room S211.
- Do not leave original work with us. Whatever your portfolio contains, make sure you keep the original work. We cannot be responsible for any lost or misplaced work.
- Please respect the Editors' time and opinion.
- Review sessions are limited to artists only.
- Not all submissions will be chosen for review.