It’s back! Eight Cities. Eight champions. One Master of Cosplay.
Please read ALL rules, regulations, and other information below before registering. Registration will close at 11:59 PM on May 31st 2022.
Each prospective contestant must complete the online registration form to be considered for a spot in the competition.
Registration does NOT guarantee a spot in the Masters of Cosplay Grand Prix.
There will be no on-site registration for the Masters of Cosplay Grand Prix.
Entrant numbers for this year’s competition will be capped at 45 (15 entrants per division).
Competitors will be selected by the contest organizers based on current progress of prospective contestant’s costume (s). Please note that costumes do not have to be completed at the time of entry.
Once pre-registration has closed, prospective contestants will be informed if they have qualified for the contest. A wait list will be available for those who missed pre-registration or did not initially qualify.
Contest Registration will require the following information:
- Cosplay Handle or Preferred Name (This is the name our host will introduce you by on stage, not the costume you’re in)
- Division (see below)
- Your Cosplay Character(s)
- Where the Character(s) is from
- A single paragraph description of how you made your costume(s) (this needs to include information on your process and techniques used and will be part of the criteria used to determine which entrants will make it into the contest).
- Photo(s) of the character(s) that is being cosplayed
- Photo(s) of the costume’s current progress
- A single paragraph introducing your costume to the audience, for our host to read on stage if you are selected for the competition. We recommend less than 100 words and a maximum of 5-6 sentences. Contest Organizers and FAN EXPO HQ reserve the right to modify this paragraph for length, clarity, or content that they deem inappropriate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Fan Vote will return in the future.