Main Theater Crew
Job Title: THEATER CREW
Job Location: TBD
- Work with Theater Lead & Assistant with crowd control, VIP, and ADA access
- Checking Credentials as attendees enter the room.
- Clean and straighten up seating in between sessions
- Assist with the exit of Theatres after a panel.
- First-of-line-access for Main Theater and Theatre #2
- Check with your Lead on show specific procedures for clearing Theaters between presentations
- Do not get front of line access to smaller programming rooms and theatres BUT try to accommodate VIPs for front of line access/line jump access wherever possible
ALL Other Ticket Types
- need to clear the theatre or programming room after each session and line up again
We provide ADA seating, as available on a first-come, first-served basis. Fans who require ADA seating should plan to arrive at a Panel at least 15 minutes prior to the event. Some attendees will have stickers identifying them as having possible ADA needs (although not mandatory).
LOCATIONS TO KNOW:
- INFO BOOTH(S) AND/OR CUSTOMER SERVICE
- NEAREST PUBLIC RESTROOM
- FIRST AID LOCATION(S)
- FOOD COURT
- VIP & ULTIMATE LOUNGES
- ALL PROGRAMMING THEATERS
Lost Child / Found Parent – Whether a child is lost, or a parent is looking for their child, please work with your Lead to bring the child or parents to the Show Office or nearest Information Booth. Once there, have someone with a radio alert Security of the situation and your location. When utilizing a radio, please refer to a child you have in your possession as “LOST PACKAGE IN POSSESSION” and “LOST PACKAGE” when you have the parents looking for a child. DO NOT UTILIZE NAMES OVER RADIO.
Medical Emergency – Flag down the nearest Security Guard or your Lead. DO NOT call 911.
Important Golden Rule: If you do not know the answer to a question, ask your Lead or politely direct the attendee to the Info Booth, Customer Service or provide them directions on how to download the app and visit our website.