FAN EXPO New Orleans’s media team is standing by to assist you with your inquiry. Please contact them directly for these and other inquiries relating to media coverage:
- Background information about FAN EXPO New Orleans
- Interview requests with FAN EXPO New Orleans spokespersons
- Interview requests with FAN EXPO New Orleans guests and partners
- Image and B-roll requests
For media questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click HERE to view our branding and usage guidelines.
4 IMPORTANT RULES FOR ON-SITE MEDIA AT FAN EXPO New Orleans
Press Passes must always be worn. Respect the responsibility of this pass: follow the rules and ask the on-site Media Team if you have any questions or concerns about your access or activities on-site.
Every interview with a FAN EXPO New Orleans representative (including crew members) and/or FAN EXPO New Orleans invited Guest (Celebrity Guest, Creator Guest, etc.) must be pre-approved and arranged by the Media Team. Any “drive-by” or unapproved interviews are strictly forbidden and will result in eviction from the show. The on-site Media Team is more than happy to help you achieve the interviews you’re interested in. For best results, submit a wish list for on-site interviews prior to the show.
On the show floor and in panels, photographers and camera operations must be at least 12 feet away from any Celebrity Guest. You are required to stop filming/shooting if asked. Permission must be obtained for videotaping, filming or recording that is intended for commercial purposes. Camera crews are free to roam the show floor but cannot set up equipment in a fixed manner without approval.
Events & Panels
Press passes do not guarantee access to panels or ticketed events. Specially Ticketed Event access must be pre-arranged for each event. Any special requests must be made in advance with Jerry Milani.
If you wish to attend, cover a panel or workshop or special event, please make arrangements with the on-site Media Team. In most cases, they’re able to arrange for seats on a case-by-case basis with notice. Often, recording is permitted for the first 3-5 minutes of a panel (from behind the first row); please confirm with the on-site Media Team and respect the special instructions of the crew members operating each room/event.
PRESS & MEDIA FAQS
Popular questions and answers about covering FAN EXPO New Orleans before, during, and after the show.
Who can apply for media credentials?
FAN EXPO New Orleans encourages media from all formats and locations who intend to cover the convention to apply for media accreditation; however, due to the large volume of applications, not all applications are approved.
How long is the application approval process?
Applications are reviewed within 2-4 weeks from the time the application is sent. Jerry Milani will reach out to the email noted on the application. Jerry Milani reviews each application carefully, please be patient.
Does my Press Pass allow me to bring a guest?
Unfortunately, no. Press Passes are named and will require corresponding I.D. to be used on-site. If you plan on covering FAN EXPO New Orleans with an attendee that does not have a Press Pass and have any questions or concerns, please connect with our Media Team on-site.
If my staff member is planning to come on one designated day, can I pick up their pass ahead of time?
No, each media staff member must be present to pick up their respective badge with valid photo ID.
What can I do to ensure my media accreditation application is approved?
Please provide personal/professional information in your application, and proof of assignment.
FAN EXPO New Orleans only approves media who will be filing coverage before, during or after the event. Especially for independent or emerging media, or media new to the show, please make sure to include information on your outlet (reach/circulation, audience profile, etc.).
What does my Press Pass allow within the show, and what does it not?
Your media accreditation allows you the following privileges:
- Press Pass to enjoy and cover the event with complimentary admission during regular show hours. For out-of-hours special events or events taking place off-site, please pre-arrange attendance/coverage with our Media Team.
- Assistance of the on-site Media Team. This team of dedicated communications professionals is on-hand to help you in any way they can from uncovering untold stories to providing directions.
Your media accreditation does not allow you to:
- Invite/admit additional guests.
- Receive front-of-the-line service, early entry or advanced access at the event.
- The ability to record full panels or events.
A Note About Attending Panels, Workshops, etc.
At FAN EXPO New Orleans, our priority is to provide fans with the best possible fan experience. Therefore, we are unable to set aside seats at all panels and events for media; however, in some cases, special arrangements can be made to set aside seats. If you wish to attend a specific panel or event, please connect with the Media Team.
How does the interview process work, and can I interview a Celebrity Guest?
The Media Team is standing by for your interview requests, whether they be pre-event phone interviews, in-studio visits, or on-site interviews in-person. Interviews with Celebrity Guests are granted depending on the Celebrity’s availability and if the Celebrity approved the interview. Interviews are NOT guaranteed and are limited. Pre-arranged interview requests can be sent to email@example.com.
What is the policy for taking photos and recording video and audio at FAN EXPO New Orleans?
Photographers and camera operators must be at least 12 feet away from any invited guest (Celebrity Guests, Creator Guests, etc.). Please inquire via the volunteer assisting the Guest if you may photograph or film them first. You are required to stop filming/shooting if asked. During panels and workshops, in most cases taking photos (without flash) and recording is permitted for the first 3-5 minutes of a panel (from behind the first row); however, not all guests wish to be photographed/recorded. Please confirm with the on-site Media Team and respect the special instructions of the volunteers operating each room/event.
Is there a media room available?
Yes, a media room and lounges are provided for guest interviews and editing purposes.
Is there parking available?
There is no designated parking for media. There will be designated parking for marked vehicles ONLY when requested in advance through Jerry Milani.
Is there internet access in the convention?
The internet bandwidth in the convention facilities is often a challenge due to the quantity of fans using their smartphones and the concrete/structure.
Can I film at FAN EXPO New Orleans for commercial, non-media purposes (documentary, web series, etc.)?
- Projects for commercial use must be pre-approved by the Media Team and will require media accreditation while on-site. Commercial cameras operating without approval from the Media Team are prohibited and may not be granted access.
- If you’re planning to shoot for non-commercial use, please respect the following rules for filming on-site:
- Always ask permission before photographing or filming anyone, including other attendees.
- On-camera interviews with Guests are not permitted without media accreditation and arrangement via the Media Team.
- Cameras are not permitted to set up in a fixed position.
- When photographing FAN EXPO New Orleans Guests, please keep a distance of no less than 12 feet.
- Recording panels or other programming is prohibited.
- Stationary lighting or large obstructive lightboxes are not allowed.
- Pole mounted lights are not allowed.
- The use of selfie sticks is not allowed anywhere on site.
- If you do have any issues while on-site, please ask to be directed to the Media Team table for assistance. We’ll be there to help and do our best to make sure you have a great time capturing your experience at FAN EXPO New Orleans!